Popular Posts

Saturday, November 6, 2010

disney on ice



What's brew'n soup troopers? I know that i usually come to you all with music stuff, but today i wanted to share some personal things with you. Today, i went to Disney on ice with my daughter. Now, when i first learned about us getting tickets for it, i was like...OK. You see, giving you a little background on me...I'm not that big on "cute" stuff. I know i should be, but i guess it's cause seeing all the Disney princesses just wasn't a highlight that i wanted to have. I will admit though, as the the time grew closer to today, i got excited. Some of the excitement was just to spend time with the family and the other was just for the fact it was a weekend. Even on the way there, i wasn't sure how it was going to go. Was I in for a surprise!!!

As soon as it began and Tinkerbell came out (man...she was good), patience was excited. I will admit, i was crying (tears of joy) for the first 20 minutes of the show. As i looked into my her eyes and saw....her face of excitement to the 10Th power-i was in awe. I seriously couldn't keep the tears from coming down. All of the "man" stereotypes fell to the side. My ego/pride was in check. I fell in love with being a parent again. This was my favorite moment being a parent-aside from her being born. Truth talk, i was enjoying it as much as she was! My eyes were glued to the skaters. I started thinking about how selfish parents can get when it comes to sharing moments with their kids memories. If i would've went to work or did a show-i would've missed this. Men, we got to step up. We got to be there for our families more-for our wives as well as our kids. As a male, your never to "male" to cry or do "cute" stuff. So the next time you try to step out of doing a family outing...rethink it. Spread the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment