Popular Posts

Saturday, January 1, 2011

CHICAN'S CHOICE: M.A.J.O.R.S.-LIGHT'S OUT!



ARTIST: M.A.J.O.R.S.
ALBUM NAME:LIGHT'S OUT!!!
Rating system:
Two spoons down-"Come on, are you serious?"
one spoon up-good listen
two spoons up-Hot!!!
Two spoons and a bowl-a classic in the brewing!!!


I've been a huge fan of M.A.J.O.R.S. for a couple of years now. I've always been drawn to his style and delivery of his rhymes. He truly believes in grinding and standing for what he believes in. This album puts you in the mind set of a modern public enemy album with a more spiritual feel. This album is a over all 2 spoons up and is very close to a classic. My three favorite tracks are My people, Make it work and real life theology. Make sure you check out M.A.J.O.R.S. and his light's out! album at www.itsmajors.com. Agree with me or disagree-let me know with your comments- enjoy and spread the soup!

Lights out ft.Jaelife-Lyrics:2 spoons and a bowl Beat:2 spoons Favorite bar(s) 3 way tie:"They screaming "Who shot you?"/the beat confessed to it"-M.A.J.O.R.S. "Flows food for thought, yours more like food stamps" "Got em all nervous, I'm a Muslim on a airplane"jaelife
This was a great track to start the album off with. The theme for the whole album comes through within the chorus. I think m.a.j.o.r.s. did a great job on getting jaelife to collab on this track. They really complement each other. The two different styles-south and west coast and m.a.j.o.r.s. political attack going with jaelife's lyrical attack-show how artist can come together and make classic collab tracks. Anyone who doubts this track is a hit should probally take heed of a bar from jaelife and "go night night like Kevin hart".
Living out my dreams ft. Marka-Lyrics:2 spoons Beat:2 spoons Favorite bar:"My church is on the pavement"
M.a.j.o.r.s. emotional side really comes through on this track. He did a exceptional job selecting this beat for this track. Honestly, this track motivates me to do better with my life every time i hear it. Marka does a great job on the chorus followed by banging drums. This song has great single/video potential.
Not a even exchange-Lyrics-2 spoons Beat:2 spoons and a bowl Favorite bar:"In Africa their praying just to see rain, blessing take to long over here people complain"
First off, i have to say this beat is banging! That sample is simply classic how he flips it. I had to actually listen to the beat four times before i would actually listen to the lyrics (Sorry m.a.j.o.r.s.)! Once again, m.a.j.o.r.s. comes in his own way delivering hot lyrics keeping his political concept going through the album.
Make me Wanna-Lyrics-2 spoons up Beat:1 spoon up Favorite bar:"Dudes looking hard because they can see your beauty through the tint"
M.a.j.o.r.s. comes through with a romance track for us on "Make me wanna". I actually have to say m.a.j.o.r.s. says one of my favorite all time bars from him on this track. When referring to his girl and how his life is going now he says "hell nah, i ain't going back", which could be "controversial" to some of his fans, but to the true listener and one who is truly in love knows exactly what he means. I like the beat and the chorus, but not so much on this particular track. Overall, I'm proud of m.a.j.o.r.s. making a track for the ladies.
My people ft. knowledge-Lyrics-2 spoons and a bowl Beat:2 spoons and a bowl Favorite bar:"All the people around the world listen to the teaching!"
I think that m.a.j.o.r.s. really went off on this track. I think it also has to do with him actually producing this track. "My people" seems as though it has the most rounded/centric viewpoint of the whole album. Knowledge comes through at the end and gives a great verse and a exciting angle on "body parts" dealing with the people. The chorus is so hypnotic with the reoccurring theme of the track as well.
Real life theology ft Micheal Jackson-Lyrics-2 spoons and a bowl Beat:2 spoons up favorite bar:"Jesus never dissed any sinner, instead he opened up the door and said "have some dinner"
This is probally going to go down as one of m.a.j.o.r.s greatest tracks ever! He truly stepped out on this track. The irony of this song, is he's talking about true love on this song, but i believe he'll probally gain a lot of haters from this song. Not only does m.a.j.o.r.s. break down "real life theology" but he shows you both sides of misinterpreting-make sure you listen to John Lennon at the end of the track. M.a.j.o.r.s also shows how humble he is and that he shows that sometimes we and even he can miss the most important thing about life-to love everyone for who they are.
We Gotta move on up Lyrics: 2 spoons up Beat: 2 spoons up Favorite bar:"They say rap was gone when big and pac died, so i push my pen hard praying for god to shine"
This is defentily a performance track for m.a.j.o.r.s. I can hear this on the radio. This is really a grove track as he keeps his political feel grooving through the album. The "Go"s in the background make it feel as though we need to get fired up in focusing on moving on up and almost give it a march feel. M.a.j.o.r.s. better be careful with this one-he may start a riot. Lol!
Make it work ft. Federro- Lyrics-2 spoons up Beat: 2 spoons up Favorite bar (2 way tie):"got a all star body, but can't get a draft pick"
Once again we see m.a.j.o.r.s. speaking to the ladies and will say is one of the best songs I've heard as a ode to ladies. I plan on seeing a video for this. I feel that this track will really help out a lot of women. This is certified single material. Men should listen to take note on how to treat women and women should listen to know how to be treated.
I am hip hop-lyrics-2 spoons up Beat-2 spoons up Favorite bar:"I am hip hop give the game to me."
Honestly, i was wondering when m.a.j.o.r.s. was going to get "street" on me and he does it well on "I am hip hop". This song has a great feel. Not only does he show his hip hop skills, but he proves why we should give the "game to him". Beat is raw, lyrics are raw-nuff said.
Angel of punisher Lyrics-2 spoons and a bowl Beat: 2 spoons up Favorite bar:"Can't nobody tell me nothing, till they walk in my shoes"
M.a.j.o.r.s. does a great job of telling stories. I can really feel like I'm in the story. I can feel the pain, hurt and suffering he describes. Simply, this is a incredible song.
I don't wanna be right Lyrics-2 spoons up Beat:2 spoons up Favorite bar:"Malcolm X, John the Baptist never died in vain"
As long as someone flips this sample correctly, I'm good. M.a.j.o.r.s. did well with this sample. The sample goes with the dark and grim feel of the lyrics. Even with the bleek lyrics it continues to be so soulful and so right.
God,Love,Money Lyrics-2 spoons up Beat-2 spoons up Favorite bar:"They say i changed like a channel on the tv"
M.a.j.o.r.s. addresses the order that should be in people's lives and in the church. Money is nedded in life, but shouldn't become our idols. Great message.
Couldn't be a better time Lyrics-2 spoons up Beat-2 spoons and a bowl favorite bar:"Don't get left behind, get caught in the wind"
What a great way to end the album! Leaves you ready for more or at least wanting to start the album back over!

4 comments:

  1. great album, great review, this album is going to truly change the game

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ aj thanks and yes i agree. This album will change the game and how people look at hip hop. #spreadthesoup

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YNJ in da bulding thanks for the review! Shout out to M.A.J.O.R.S and my man AJ WOODSON!!
    One Dose

    ReplyDelete