Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Need a cd/mixtape/film review?

What's brewing soup troopers? I'm about to start with my new project-chican's choice. This is where i will be reviewing indie artist's cds/mixtapes/films and giving a in depth review. Yes, i will go track by track (or entire movie including credits) and give you a real review. It saddens me that some of the artist that i have spoke with tell me that so many sites charge a arm and a leg for a cd review-which at times is only a three to six sentence review. I go through every song and i rate each one of them. My rating system is simple (yet weird to some who may not know me).

2 spoons down = 1 mic
1 spoon up = 2 mics
2 spoons up = 3 mics
2 spoons and a bowl = 4 mics (classic)

I also will tell you my favorite bar with ever song. I will be fair and honest. I want see all of us make it, so i won't lie to you to make you feel good. I do, however, have some requirements.

1. I will not review albums/mixtapes with explict mateiral. I'm not hating, but i try to keep it positive and promote positive lyrics on my blogs and site.
2. Make sure you have a website(that has all your contact info) or somewhere that i can send your fans. I'm trying to help you out! If i have no where to send the traffic, then it's a red light for exposure for you. Think about that for a second!
3.Make sure you send me everything together and in order. Please don't have me contacting you for anything. If you got link, makes sure you send me the link so i know and can give credit to your producers and so forth.

Now some of you may be asking...Why is he doing this? Well, it's because i'm in the same boat some of you are in and i decided to help shine some light on other artists besides myself. I truly believe in sowing into other people first, before i put all efforts into myself. Also remember i do have a nine to five and i already have some reviews i'm working on now-so be patient! You never know if my review on my blog may get picked up by a website or may be the push to get you to that next level. Don't despise small beginings-i don't and won't to you. So spread this blog and spread the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment