Popular Posts

Monday, March 7, 2011

SOUPERBOWL SUNDAY PUT ME IN THE GAME



TRACK NAME:PUT ME IN THE GAME
PRODUCED BY: MR.MR
FAVORITE BAR:"THIS IS A MOVEMENT, SO YOU BETTER MOVE"

I loved making this track! I wanted to make sure that it had different types of elements of music on the album. Rock was definitely one sound I wanted on there. I actually grew up listening to rock and grunge before hip hop. Matt (aka Mr.MR) brought me into his studio and we made this thing from scratch. This was a great thing to see how we did this from nothing. Every sound you hear on this track is a real instrument. I even got my man Daniel to come in on the drums-i feel he destroyed his part on them (lol). My man, Nik, had a hand on the keys. It was just great seeing live music being recorded. I will be doing more of this.

The concept of the song is pretty simple. I want the coach to put me in the game! I am sick and tired of seeing artist take hip hop so plainly. They want to be lazy and not even try to "score". Some people need to stay on the bench. I'm going to stay studied up on the playbook and study my oppenent and be ready when it's my time. "The game is coming down to the last second/ gotta come in first-can't be second". I'm really feeling and living this song right now. I'm tired of seeing artists with no character or integirty. When i get in the game, it's a wrap. I don't care how many points we're down-We're winning. We got to ask ourselves-Are we apart of the movement? If so, are we moving?

So, give me your thoughts. Sorry for the rambling-but this song gets me crunk (lol)! Spread it to your friends, family and enemies. Spread the soup

No comments:

Post a Comment