Popular Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

SOUPERBOWL SUNDAY-THE KICK OFF (CAN I)



Track Name:The kick off (Can I)
Produced by: Constantine The Emcee
Favorite bar:"The music set the mood like Joe budden"

What's brewing soup troopers? So, i hear from majority of my fans, that this track is the most "hip hop feel" on the album. Well, that;s because it was produced by Constantine the emcee. He is probally the best emcees i know, plus he keeps it old school. I know a lot of artists that keep it old school in their lyrics and productions and come off stale or dated, but Constantine the emcee is crafted at what he does-his style works for him. He actually thought his style wouldn't fit the album and almost didn't provide a track for the album. We debated over several beats to use for this track and felt that his track fit it perfectly.I love him as a producer, artist and engineer.

As far as the writing goes for the track, it was really fun. A little known fact-this was actually supposed to be the first song on the album. I'm so glad Constantine help me to decide to put it later, plus now if flows as far as breaking the album down in "quarters". The first couple of tracks are the "pre show" tracks and right here on "the kickoff" is where the game actually begins. This is one of the few songs where i change my flow up-just a little though lol! So, i made the chorus as a ode to the essence of hip hop-going old school!!!!

I really want to know what the hip hop heads think of this track. I want to hear your feedback. How does the track sound to you? Either way, I want to know your thoughts on the track. For the one's who don't like hip hop, how did it make it feel? Well, we're half way through the album, so if you been going through all the commentaries so far, how are you feeling the album? So much i want to know from you all!!! lol! spread the soup

No comments:

Post a Comment