Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

SOUPERBOWL SUNDAY-CAN'T STOP



Track name: CAN'T STOP
Produced by: COOKBOOK AKA HANDSOME KEN
Favorite bar: "I make them work, yea they sweat puddles/I go together with rap like noses and snot bubbles"

What's brew'n soup troopers? This is also a late banger that was submitted in by cookbook. When i was writing this song, i had already had a video in mind for it-which will be posted (the video that is) on a later blog. This song was actually written to another beat and actually started as a freestyle. I ended up rewriting it and chopping it up with another song which will be on the "Post Game Show" cd. I remember writing this song when i was in a dark place in life. So when you listen to the song, I'm not just speaking to the fans or listeners of the song, i was speaking to myself and trails i was going through. In the second verse, the line where i said "couldn't be stopped by speeding tickets" was actually one of the realist lines i ever wrote. I actually had my license pulled from me for excessive tickets. What is sad, is that most of the ones i got were when i was staying in montevallo, al. Now, i never pull the race card, but at the time, me and deeanna (who happens to be puetro rican, but the average person-she looks white) were dating and i was pulled over for having a "white girl" in my car. Some may not believe me, but there were two times where they made it clear, it wasn't becaused i did a "california roll" that i got a ticket. So when i say bigots and all those things couldn't stop me from getting to where god wanted me to be-i'm serious! I love to perform this song, because it allows people to break chains of bondage to whatever they are facing-whether it's addition, money problems, self esteem, etc-it can't stop you.


Remember the 4 S's:
1.SEE-see what i post
2. SHARE-share your comments on my blog page and other sites
3.SUBSCRIBE-subscribe to my blogs,etc
4.SHARE-share it with your friends, enemies on your social sites

Thanks for reading and spread the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment