Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SOUPERBOWL SUNDAY-THE GAMEPLAN



Track name: The game plan
Produced by: Cookbook aka Handsome ken
Favorite bar: 3 way tie- "But that's what it took for me to get here, think i got this far for me to sit here?" and "double entendre when they say I'm washed up" and "I'm a QB, i always have a option."

First off there are three important things you need to know about this track:
1.this BEAT almost didn't make it on the album!-i had already received a beat for the track, but wasn't really satisfied with it. Now rewind a little earlier, handsome ken was supposed to be working on some tracks for the album Handsome ken has been with my as a producer and mentor throughout my whole music career. At the time of me making this album, he had a lot on his plate (or should i say in his bowl lol), so it looked like he wasn't going to produce anything on the album. Constantine the emcee (who actually helped mix and master the album) and i were getting ready to send the album off and ken gives me a call. "I think i got something for you chican." Well, what he had for me was the heat now known as...The gameplan!
2.This track only had ONE verse to it-this kinda goes in with the first thing that you didn't know about the album. Ken had told me he was experimenting with some effects with some new plug ins he got. So the second verse of "the game plan" was actually added after i heard the track. Which brings me to point number three.
3.This track was originally a PRAYER-This track was symbolic, because it was a double entendre. It was supposed to be a quarterback talking with his coach about the gameplan and on the other hand, it was me praying to God that what ever play/move he wanted me to do on this album, i was willing to do.

I wanted to make sure that i started the album off with a bang. I love big band sounding tracks and ken nailed it for me. This was/is supposed to set up the whole album ads though it's the pre show. It is supposed to feel like we're about to come on the feild and about to rip the game apart. I even include the producers/special features as my roster at the very end of the song. I just love the symbolism throughout this song and how it sets up my style and the flow the album. This is tied as my favorite track on the whole album. So, what are your thoughts on the track? What's your favorite lines? Are you even feeling the song at all? Let me hear your "gameplan" of this track! And remeber the four S's:
1.See-see the video
2. Show-show support and write bad or good comments
3.Subscribe-subscribe to the blogs
4.Share-or aka spread the soup

I'll be giving you more commentary on the rest of the tracks later. Remeber you can go to www.spreadthesoup.com and purchase this track or the whole album on itunes or any other digtail retailer that is listed on there. Spread the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment