Popular Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

CHICANGEORGE-SOUPERBOWL SUNDAY-SCOREBOARD



TRACK NAME: SCOREBOARD(FEATURING THEO SOUL AND CONSTANTINE THE EMCEE)
TRACK PRODUCED BY:THEO SOUL
FAVORITE BAR:"TREAT DEATH LIKE MY NOSE, I DON'T WANT TO PICK IT"

I really enjoyed doing this track. I went to Theo soul's studio and we just free flowed the track. I love working with him, because he can just take on chord and or one of your bars and produce a whole song for you. I don't do sampling-because i don't have the money to pay for them-so, i decided to go to Theo soul to get a "soulful" feel, since he plays all his instruments. Anybody who works with me knows i can't sing, so I knew i had to get him on the chorus. I really enjoyed how the beat turned out.

The actual lyrics to this song are some of my favorite on the album. I really enjoyed coming up with the concept and i like that Theo soul made the song sound so life like (when if you really listen to the lyrics-it's a very dark song). I really thank Theo Soul for helping me on my verses as well. Originally, the verses were going to be 12 bars, like most of the album, and the last four bars were added with the help of Theo Soul singing them. I was actually going to make the last four bars of both verses into a bridge, but they flowed better within the verses. Speaking of extra help and a little "behind the scenes" piece that you didn't know-Constantine the Emcee snuck his vocals onto the track! I got the master copy from him and was listening to the track and I heard someone singing at the end. I was puzzled, because i had no clue that Constantine the Emcee could sing. He told me as he was mixing the track, he felt there was something missing and just added his vocals to give it that "extra" at the end. I couldn't disagree with him....he sounded nice. THERE WILL BE A VIDEO FOR THIS TRACK (more commentary will be included within that blog). I don't want to spoil anything, but you just stay tuned to see how we do it.

So, what are your thoughts on the track? Did you like the soulful sounds Theo Soul put down on the production? Do you think Constantine the Emcee did the right thing putting his vocals on the track? Were the lyrics powerful and thought provoking? Let me know your thoughts-good or bad. Spread the blog to your friends, families and enemies. Thanks and Spread the Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment