Popular Posts

Thursday, February 10, 2011

SOUPERBOWL SUNDAY ENTERCEPTION



TRACK NAME: ENTERCEPTION ( PRONOUNCED INTERCEPTION)
PRODUCED BY: THEO SOUL
FAVORITE BAR: "MAN, WE DIDN'T BREAK BREAD, WE BROKE LAWS"

This song is very dear to me. This is actually a REAL account of my life. I got to break this song down by every couple of bars:
"Growing up i ran with the wrong union/so bad we stole Jesus blood during communion" I know this was bad, but when i was young, there was a guy and we stole a couple of cups during Communion. It wasn't wine, it was grape juice-but it was the thrill of taking more "blood" than others got. The irony in that is actually unreal! LOL!

"Man, we didn't break bread, we broke laws/and if you ran in our face we broke jaws" I was a little wanna be thug back in the day. I had anger issues and was always looking to get in a fight with people. It's funny to see how far God has brought me, because i was a evil thing back in the day! LOL!

"The only friends i had were in my head, until one day they said i was better off dead" Truth talk, with all the things going on in my life, i had demons and spirits in my head. I became anti social and depressed. I had suicidal thoughts and was very close of attempting it. Death wasn't a dark thing to me, so i embraced it. I wasn't emo, it just didn't bother me if i died. I thank God for him and helping me with my internal problems.

The line about the "church" gets misinterpreted by some. I wasn't referring to a physical place, but certain individuals that had a "church" mentality rather than a "kingdom" mentality. It was referring to the people who think they got everything right and look down on other people. The one's who turn their nose up to you-like they been saved all their lives! I'm glad i don't judge people like that. I look at some people and realize i was once where they are and need to be a ear, shoulder, mouth or whatever body part for them.

This is a great song showing fans who i am and where i came from. I'm actually going to be dropping a video for this track soon. As far as for the name, Braille (one of my favorite artists) helped me come up with it. Since i was going with a theme of football and this song is about "going the other way", I was going to call it interception. Braille told me to be creative and spell it in a form that would stand out-there goes a tip for all you inspiring artists on how to stand out and be different. The word "cept" means to take. there are two actions of "taking". I'm allowing God to "take" control of me/the ball and I'm "taking" a new route-rather entering into it. Hence, the name...enter-ception.

So, what do you think? Do you think this song is video worthy? Do you think this is a touching song? Do you like the clever name of the song? Do you know who Braille is? Please answer these questions and comment back to me. Also, go back and check out more of the track commentaries from album "Souperbowl Sunday...the CD for champions". Send this to your family, friends and enemies...and subscribe to the blogs! Spread the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment