Popular Posts

Monday, February 28, 2011

SOUPERBOWL SUNDAY 4TH AND LONG



TRACK NAME:4TH AND LONG
PRODUCED BY:ADAM
FAVORITE BAR (2 WAY TIE):CAUGHT BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE, SO I PRAY GOD BE MY ROCK IN A HARD PLACE" "AGAINST ALL ODDS, GOD SHOW ME THE EVENS"


This is one of those tracks that literally gives me chills when i listen to it! When i first heard the track, i didn't even want to record on it. It sounded just that good. I remember going over my bars at a traffic light and the car next to me was nodding their head (not even being funny, but it looked like some real hard core rednecks-that's what makes this statement so powerful) with me-so i knew then, that this was going to speak to the people. I actually wrote this song during a low period in my life. I had just lost my job-so the bar where i say "lost my job, more time to write" is so true (lol)! I went through so much at that time in my life, that this song really brings out. I think my most important bar of the album came on this song-"smart lyrics, never will i dumb them/gotta be under so you can overcome them". This is true on many levels. ARTISTS IF YOU ARE STILL UNDER IT, THEN YOU HAVEN'T OVERCAME IT-THEREFORE, DON'T RAP ABOUT IT LIKE YOU HAVE! I really live by that. I refuse to give you lyrics about something that i haven't gone through. I want to be the realest rapper that you know. I want you to trust my lyrics. We are coming to a point in our lives where people don't want to be honest in their songs and when fans find out about that-their crushed. I can't do that to my fans. Sorry for the rant (lol)! It may get me "stoned like Stephen", but it's the "4Th quarter" and we don't have time for foolishness. The chorus also speaks to everyone. What are you going to do with your life? Are you going to sit back and just let it pass you by if you don't get everything to go as planned? Or, when it looks like nothing else will work-will you go for it? Something to think about. Well, give me your thoughts on the track. Spread the soup

No comments:

Post a Comment