Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

KICKING IT WITH KABOOSE



What's brewing soup troopers? Just wanted to recap with you all about the show with kaboose last week. We will start off from the beginning of the day all the way to the end. I scooped up my soup trooper Dre, cause he wanted to ride with me to check out the show. We listened to braille (one of my favorite artists) for like the first hour. Ironically, on the track "restless", Dre went to sleep. Not because he was bored with the track, but because he said he hasn't sleep in two days. His last words before his nap were "I like this song already, i haven't slept in two days.". I'm glad he got some rest, but he sleeps like a mad man!

So next, i had to go pick up Constantine the emcee. He almost caught a beat down from me, because he wanted to stop prior to meeting me to get a "craving" cup of coffee. Since I'm a nice guy, i decided not to do so. We were running late, the traffic was so backed up! I thought we were going to be late, but we actually got there 10 minutes till 6. Talk about close timing!!!

As i got there, i was greeted by some family and friends from my past. This was a special show for two reasons, because i was meeting kaboose in person and i was returning back home to do a show close to home. Some people i thought who wouldn't be as receptive were and that really made my day. As i met kaboose, he was so cool. You don't see that in many artist now that have such a big name. He was dressed in b-ball shorts and jordans, so i knew he was ready to put it down.

Dan cook (the event coordinator and also in the picture above) told me i could talk with the kids a little before i performed. I took a minute to stress the importance of appreciating home, the importance of the mothers and fathers you have to lead you in the right direction and pursing your dreams. It felt better to SHOW the kids i was once were they were sitting then to actually do my set.

One word describes kaboose's set...phenomenal!!!It was so flawless and raw hip hop that no one could sit even sit down. DJ micah (also pictured above)did a outstanding job on the turn tables. This was hip hop at it's finest. Kaboose has a way of really connecting with his fans. Just him telling the audience about his life was just as exciting as his performance. After his set, the kids rushed him. I haven't seen someone get rushed like that in a long time. It was so positive and a loving atmosphere.

After signing autographs and taking pictures, kaboose, DJ Micah, Dan and i went to the back to grab some food. We talk about everything from God to hip hop to marriages. I really needed this. I really needed to see that bar that i was trying to reach for. It also was a reality check for me to see how far I've come and how far i got to go. It was a honor to rock a show with him and simply experience a true hip hop artist in action. One day I'll be there soup troopers, but until then I'll keep pushing. God bless kaboose and keep being phenomenal. Spread the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment